Monday, April 13, 2009

Nursery update... a bit of bragging... cuz i can :)


So, my name's on the Nursery Page of the SKIP website :)
http://skipperu.org/index.php/general-skip-news/nurserybegins.html
Decided I wanted to blog/brag a bit, and I feel slightly justified because of the sweat and tears from the past couple months and insecurities from having never done this sort of work nor worked with this age group.

So basically, it's been running quite smoothly :) activities were quite on target, daily schedule working out to fill the day. All activities corresponding with developmental milestones. etc etc... today I was quite elated because the kids are learning the songs I'm teaching them and a bit amused because they're saying some of the phrases I often say... (hopefully they won't learn my horrible pronunciation of 'r')...

So my bragging story is that in addition to various compliments by my fellow volunteers, one of them is an actual teacher and was asking me about my schooling I've had with child development and education (which again, is almost none, I remember a child development class in my psychology b.s. and maybe 1 in my m.s.w. and no classes on teaching).. and saying that she sees me using quite a few methodologies that are really good. She was describing some to me that I'm apparently using and how its been diverse to meet different styles of learning that the children exhibit. :) yeeeeeeeeee!!! Estoy feliz sobre esto porque pensaba que yo no sabĂ­a que estoy haciendo!

Apparently I'm doing something right! Never taught before... apparently it's something I can do :)

More pictures later, cuz i defo want to show off how i've decorated the room :) and show sports activities we've done :)

No comments: