Saturday, August 22, 2009

Finally some fotos!!

So, I've uploaded some photos, but I've gotten a bit lazy in my weeks back here as far as blogging my last few weeks of traveling/living in Peru..

So instead of blogging long stories, I'll post a few pictures and links and you can put together the story =)

1. My despidida (farewell week)
2. Week at the Shamanism and Plant Medicine conference
3. Last few days in Lima 1
Last few days in Lima 2
4. Plane ride home (had an interesting incident in my stop over in Columbia heh)
Long story short, apparently they were suspicious about something in my bag (not random check, but actually suspicious)... I had a few questional things in there, I guess, but most noteably, the bottle of washing soap i had in there that appeared to be a suspicious white powder.. after explaining what it was .. (washing soap) and then him asking me what i do with it (washing clothes)...and he'd ask me several times... i told him i could demonstrate it as well hah.. anyway, he let me go... :)
5. So, the big question is .. what am i doing next.. right now I'm living in Monrovia, east of Pasadena with Brentt, my boyfriend. As it looks now, and it's been about a month.. There doesn't seem to be any jobs out here on the east side.. Apparently there are a few contract social work job options on the Westside.. So it looks like unless i can stand the anxiety of being unemployed and uninsured (health), then I'm going to need to move to the Westside... I've really began to enjoy living in the nature'y, quiet, traffic-free, pleasant living on the Eastside... but it's too expensive to live unemployed in this town...

So plans are as follows:
1. If I dont find a good job and it continues to be contract work until January 2010.. I will again leave on Part 2 of my travels which is Patagonia to Central America .. approximately 6 months.. likely less as it is exhausting being on the road...
2. If i find a good stable well-paying job that I like ... I will stay and not quit, because it's quite foolish to quit a job right now...

So..















No comments: