Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Long time no blog...

Hey folks,
Sorry my Peru blog has been quiet for a while... I´ve been in Cusco for the past week and half..

In the aiport right now on my way back to Trujillo, just trying to hold it together!! I´ve had 4 days of nausea, 2-3 days of "bicicleta" (or the runs as they say in the states), a stomach ache like someone has punched me... and probably collectively have eaten about 3 meals in the last 4 days since everything i look at or smell makes me want to throw up... and therefore feeling quite lightheaded and delirious at the moment... fortunately this happened after Machu Picchu so I was able to enjoythat... I´m still able to walk around, so I don´t think i need to go to the doctor quite yet, but Im thinking if i can´t hold more food down or if the immodium doesn´t start working soon, Ill need to take a few more days off of work and see the doc... haven´t been this sick yet in Peru... my only other bad case of sickness was just like a half day of tummy ache and was gone...

Hopefully in the next week I will be able to update on:
1. My move to Huanchaco Beach (I´m no longer in the SKIP volunteer house). Though still working for SKIP of course.
2. Vacation in Cusco with A, E, Britta, Michael, Nadia, Anthony, and Misty!
- Plus generous SKIP donations from Nadia and Britta!
3. Future plans back in the states!
4. Things I will miss here in Peru (already have started a list!!!)

off to run to the bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

lawolfpup said...

Lizette, it was absolutely awesome to hang out with you the last week and a half. I hope you feel better soon. I should have left you with the antibiotics my dr prescribed but that I thankfully didn't need!!! We just got back to our home about 30 minutes ago and I have already taken a lovely shower with continuous hot water - it was awesome. Love ya!

LR said...

Nadia!
Yes, it was awesome =)
Can´t wait to see everyone´s pictures and re-experience it again, hehe.

No worries on the antibiotics.. I have what brentt left with me.. just concerned about taking something that will wipe out all my good cells.. hopefully the symptoms will just magically let up and i wont have to take any more pills...

glad you´re home safe! a hot shower sounds yummy =) gonna have one as soon as i get home!

love and abrazos!