Sunday, June 7, 2009

My future plans

So, I plan to come back to the states for about 6 months before heading out for part 2 of my travels. Which means I will be in the states just long enough for the holidays and New Years and then the first week of January I plan to head out to Patagonia with Brentt and work my way up through Central America. At that point, I plan to sort of "settle down" somewhere and travels from there are will be 2 weeks here and there as vacation time allows from wherever I'm working permanently.

For the 6 months I'm here, I'm trying to decide if I am going to live in near Pasadena (Where Brentt is going to school and lives) or on the West Side (if job prospects are more over on that side)... I am going to sign up with a temp agency that I have known several social workers to use and have liked. I'm slightly concerned about the bad economy and being able to find a job, but at the same time, feeling confident that there has to be some sort of social work job out there... Just hope I can also get myself some good health insurance (since I will have NONE the minute I step on US soil). I'm looking at this as an opportunity to work with a different population... maybe with children? I would like to stay in Mental Health.

1 comment:

Akasha said...

Hmm.. hard to say about the social work job prospects.. I mean, I would think in this economy more people would need your help!